Monday, March 12, 2007

Say goodbye to the lists

on post-its, napkins, supermarket receipts, note pads
I am going to keep my lists in this blog
hmm...( I am thinking "who the hell am I kidding")
well I am going to try





















never thought I would give into blogging. I have never been able to keep a journal. I have started a handful and I have always found myself being unable to keep them up, I throw them away. well it's more like doodling all over with a black sharpie and ripping every single page to threads. no evidence, total destruction.

I always thought journaling had to do with capturing those things in our lives that we want to keep secret, those things that we don't want anyone to find out about, that's why journals are hidden and the first page reads something like "if you read this you will have a very sad life and a permanent case of diarrhea". well, that's what mine would say. So why in the world would I write all this stuff down?

So I have come to realize that journaling is about expressing yourself (like this). It's about expressing myself, capturing my every day, my dreams, the things I need to do, the things I want to do, the things I want to remember, the things I love and hate, not just my secrets.

So, I will start blogging:

without pressure
It's OK to not post everyday.
It's OK if I don't win a writing award.
It's OK to have bad grammar.
It's OK if no one reads this

It's OK if no one cares about this

Here I go!

No comments: