Tuesday, April 10, 2007

88868


Thinking a lot about working on my art journal, being more aware of my day-to-day life and capturing it. Yesterday, while driving I noticed that the mileage in my car was 88868. Wow! That's a lot of miles. The car had 400 miles when I purchased it in 2001. Lots has happened since then; job changes, career changes, relocating twice (San Diego then WA), marriage, new friends, new family members...feel like I am a totally different person now. I took this picture while I was stopped at a light because I felt inspired by what I saw. My art journal is calling me!

Here are some other things I want to journal about:
-My car mileage being 88868. Where have I been? How have I changed? How have I stayed the same?

-While I was at the Borders yesterday I over heard a lady talking on her cell phone. She had the latest Better Homes and Gardens Wedding Reception magazine in her hands. As I walked in front of her she said: "I swear I want to get married just for the reception". Maybe the comment was a joke, that's the problem with eavesdropping I will never know the intention of the comment and in the end it is non of my business. Isn't eavesdropping the worst? oh well, maybe I was meant to hear it :). Anyhow, in the end, I heard what I heard and I know some women and men feel that marriage is the opportunity for a huge party where the bride and groom are the center of attention. I got married a little over 6 months ago and I think of my marriage as so much more than just a party. Don't get me wrong, planning the party took a lot of my time but I also spent a lot of time planning the ceremony and making sure it was special. I have been thinking about what marriage means to me and I want to journal about that.

No comments: